Pablo Toribio Biography
Pablo Toribio is a “Dominican Republic National Motocross Champion” and New York Magazine’s “Spin Instructor of the Year.” He trains professional Motocross riders, James Stewart, Jessica Patterson, Justin Barcia and Davi Millsaps as well as other top athletes such as marathon runner, John Haywood. His following is not limited, however, to professional athletes, rather Mr. Torbio has attracted a range of individuals looking to get back into shape and/or take their training to the next level.
In response to a burgeoning demand, Mr. Toribio has opened Pablo Fitness (http://pablofitness.com/), a New York City-based fitness studio (located in Midtown Manhattan at 226 East 54th St., Suite 600) featuring personal training and group classes (Spinning, Zumba and Yoga) geared towards building a foundation with a strong cardio base and solid functional strength. All Pablo Fitness classes are taught by certified instructors and are designed to provide participants with safe, effective, and fun workouts.
- 1984 – 1989: Pablo raced BMX bikes all over the Dominican Republic at a national level
- 1986 and 1987: Won the National Championships
- 1988 – 2007: Raced with the American Motocross Association – #324
- 1992 and 1993: Won the Dominican Republic National Championship
- 2006 and 2007: Won the Dominican Republic National Championship
- 1993: Dominican Republic Athlete of the Year
- 2007: Team captain and rider for the Dominican Republic team in the World Championship event: Motocross des Nations
- 2005: Named Best Spinning Instructor in New York by New York Magazine
- 2006- Present: Before opening Pablo Fitness, he was a Spinning instructor at Equinox Fitness Clubs, Clay Fitness, New York Racquet Club and LA/Reebok Sports Clubs in Manhattan
- 2008: won the Northeastern National Mountain Biking Championship in Windham, NY (CAT 3)
- 2009: Placed 3rd in the Campmore H2H Mountain Bike Race Series (CAT 3)
- 2010: Competed in the TR3 Canadian Mountain Biking Tour
- Notable trainees include
- Jessica Patterson: 4-time consecutive winner of Woman’s American Motocross Association’s Motocross Championships
- Ben Rio: Champion of Northeast District 34 Motocross Association
- Justin Barcia: 2011 East Coast Pro Supercross Champion
- James Stewart Jr.: Professional Supercross and Motocross athlete, recently finished 1st overall at Red Bull.
- Davi Millsaps: Professional Supercross and Motocross athlete, placed second in the 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series.
- Channel 7 News New York.
- New York Magazine’s Spin Instructor of the Year
- Cycle News
- Listin Dario
- El Nuevo Dario
- NY 1 News
- ABC Prime Time Live as leading Spinning instructor
- Live TV coverage as a Motocross racer
- Book Coverage: Incredible Shrinking Critic – Jamie Bernard